The fees published by state parks pursuant to RCW 79A.05.070
(6) shall not apply whenever any individual, group, organization, association, or agency shall volunteer to perform personal services in lieu of standard fees if the following conditions are met:
(1) The park manager has determined that the personal service is desirable;
(2) The service performed does not replace or supplant that which would otherwise be performed by parks employees or contractors;
(3) The service performed is not one commonly performed by members of an organized trade union;
(4) The service performed does not result in any type of development which will necessarily create future operating costs to the commission;
(5) The volunteer shall perform personal services under the following provisions.
(a) At least four hours of service are provided per day; alternatively
(b) At least twenty-eight hours of service are provided per seven-day week, spread over at least five days.
(c) If more than four hours, but less than twenty-eight hours of volunteer service are provided during a seven-day week, a prorated waiver of fees equivalent to (b) of this subsection may be offered by the park manager.
(d) Volunteer time accumulated may not be carried forward for credit in subsequent weeks.
(e) The waiver of standard fees shall apply only at the park where such personal services were performed.
The limit placed on any camper by WAC 352-32-030
(7) shall not apply to persons qualifying under this section. Continuous occupancy of facilities by the same person or persons qualifying under this section shall be limited to thirty consecutive nights, unless otherwise approved by the director or designee.
This section does not expand or limit the provisions of RCW 79A.05.140
[Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.070, 79A.05.075, and 79A.05.065. 08-24-006, § 352-32-285, filed 11/20/08, effective 12/21/08. Statutory Authority: Chapter 79A.05 RCW, including RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.035, 79A.05.055, and 79A.05.070. 00-13-070, § 352-32-285, filed 6/16/00, effective 7/17/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040 and [43.51.]060. 95-22-067, § 352-32-285, filed 10/30/95, effective 1/1/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040. 93-06-001, § 352-32-285, filed 2/17/93, effective 3/20/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040 and 43.51.060. 88-15-068 (Order 105), § 352-32-285, filed 7/19/88. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040, 43.51.055 and 43.51.060. 85-08-003 (Order 88), § 352-32-285, filed 3/22/85, effective 5/15/85. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040 and 43.51.060. 82-09-035 (Order 60), § 352-32-285, filed 4/14/82; 81-15-059 (Order 53), § 352-32-285, filed 7/20/81. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.040(2) and43.51.060 (6). 78-05-082 (Order 39), § 352-32-285, filed 5/1/78.]