(1) Advertising by retail licensees. The WSLCB limits each retail licensed premises to a maximum of two separate signs identifying the retail outlet by the licensee's business name or trade name. Both signs must be affixed to the building or permanent structure and each sign is limited to sixteen hundred square inches.
(2) General. All marijuana advertising and labels of usable marijuana, marijuana concentrates, and marijuana-infused products sold in the state of Washington must not contain any statement, or illustration that:
(a) Is false or misleading;
(b) Promotes over consumption;
(c) Represents the use of marijuana has curative or therapeutic effects;
(d) Depicts a child or other person under legal age to consume marijuana, or includes:
(i) Objects, such as toys, characters, or cartoon characters suggesting the presence of a child, or any other depiction designed in any manner to be especially appealing to children or other persons under legal age to consume marijuana; or
(ii) Is designed in any manner that would be especially appealing to children or other persons under twenty-one years of age.
(3) No licensed marijuana producer, processor, or retailer shall place or maintain, or cause to be placed or maintained, an advertisement of marijuana, marijuana concentrates, usable marijuana, or a marijuana-infused product in any form or through any medium whatsoever:
(a) Within one thousand feet of the perimeter of a school grounds, playground, recreation center or facility, child care center, public park, library, or a game arcade admission to which it is not restricted to persons aged twenty-one years or older;
(b) On or in a public transit vehicle or public transit shelter; or
(c) On or in a publicly owned or operated property.
(4) Promotional items such as giveaways, coupons, and distribution of branded or unbranded merchandise are banned.
(5) Marijuana retail licensees holding a medical marijuana endorsement may donate product to qualifying patients or designated providers who hold a valid recognition card. Retail licensees may not advertise "free" or "donated" product.
(6) All advertising must contain the following warnings:
(a) "This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming.";
(b) "Marijuana can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug.";
(c) "There may be health risks associated with consumption of this product."; and
(d) "For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children."