(1) Each planing, molding, sticking and matching machine shall have all cutting heads, and saws if used, covered by a solid metal guard. If such guard is constructed of sheet metal, the material used shall be not less than one-sixteenth inch in thickness, and if cast iron is used, it shall be not less than three-sixteenths inch in thickness.
(2) Planers, stickers, molding, sticking and matching machines shall be provided with exhaust fans, hoods and dust conveyors to remove the harmful dusts, etc., from the vicinity of the operator. Such hoods may be arranged to serve as guards for cutting heads.
(3) Planers and other machinery or equipment shall not be oiled while in motion, unless provided with guards or other devices to permit oiling without any possibility of contact with moving parts of machinery.
(4) Feed rolls shall be guarded by means of roll covers, bars or strips, attached to the roll frame in such manner as to remain in adjustment for any thickness of lumber.
(5)(a) Levers or controls shall be so arranged or guarded as to prevent accidental operation of machines.
(b) Foot treadle operated machines shall have a treadle guard fastened over the treadle.
(c) Locks, blocks, or other device shall be provided for positive immobilization of machine controls while repairs or adjustments are being made.
(6) Side head hoods shall be of sufficient height to safeguard the head set screw.
(7) Side heads shall not be adjusted while machine is in operation, except when extension adjusting devices are provided.
(8) Side belt and pulley guards shall be kept in place at all times the machine is in motion.
(9) All universal joints shall be enclosed.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.17 RCW. 96-17-056, § 296-78-620, filed 8/20/96, effective 10/15/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040, 49.17.050 and 49.17.240. 81-18-029 (Order 81-21), § 296-78-620, filed 8/27/81.]