(1) How are classifications assigned to my business?
We begin by assigning a basic classification to your business based on the nature of your business. To determine the nature of your business, we need to understand your combined business operation(s), the products you produce and the services you provide in the state of Washington. We will not assign additional classifications to your business based on individual operations or occupations within your overall business unless:
• The basic classification assigned to your business either requires or permits separate classifications for specific operations or employments.
• Additional classifications are required or permitted by WAC 296-17-31017 Multiple classifications or WAC 296-17-31018 Exception classifications.
• The nature of your business is:
Classifying a business sometimes requires us to call or visit the employer to clarify the nature of their business operations.
(2) What if I have several businesses?
Each entity registered by a unique Unified Business Identifier (UBI) is classified separately based on the nature of its combined operations, without regard to any operations under any other UBI.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020
. WSR 16-14-085, § 296-17-31012, filed 7/5/16, effective 1/1/17; WSR 00-14-052, § 296-17-31012, filed 7/1/00, effective 7/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.16.035
. WSR 99-18-068, § 296-17-31012, filed 8/31/99, effective 10/1/99; WSR 98-18-042, § 296-17-31012, filed 8/28/98, effective 10/1/98.]