Employment of minors under age 16 is subject to the following additional restrictions. They are prohibited from working:
(1) In any manufacturing operations.
(2) In any processing operations (including but not limited to filleting of fish, dressing poultry, cracking nuts, commercial processing, canning, freezing or drying of foods, laundering as performed by commercial laundries and dry cleaning).
(3) In any public messenger service, including but not limited to work that is performed by foot, bicycle, or public transportation.
(4) In occupations connected with transportation, warehouse and storage, communications and public utilities, or construction. (Office work related to these occupations is permitted if none of the minor's work is performed on the transportation media or construction site.)
(5) In the following specific areas of retail, food service or gasoline service station operations:
(a) Maintenance or repair work.
(b) Window washing or other work requiring worker to be positioned at higher than ground or floor level.
(c) Cooking and baking.
(d) Operating, setting up, adjusting, cleaning, oiling or repairing power-driven food slicers and grinders, food choppers and cutters and bakery-type mixers.
(6) In occupations involving work in the operation of amusement parks, street carnivals, and traveling shows.
(7) Loading and unloading goods to or from trucks, railroad cars, or conveyors.
(8) In occupations involving operation or repair, oiling, cleaning, adjusting, or setting up of or working in proximity to any power-driven machinery.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 43.22 and 49.12 RCW, RCW 26.28.060 and 43.17.060. 93-01-068, § 296-125-033, filed 12/11/92, effective 3/1/93; Order 76-15, § 296-125-033, filed 5/17/76.]