To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) To effectuate RCW 48.17.470
and to eliminate unfair practices in accord with RCW 48.30.010
, any insurance producer or other representative of an insurer who receives a contract payment or premium from or on behalf of an insured or applicant for homeowners', dwelling fire, private passenger automobile, motorcycle, individual life, or individual disability insurance shall deliver or mail a signed receipt therefor as promptly as possible, which should generally be no later than the next business day. Such receipt must be dated, identify the insurance producer and the insurance producer's address, identify the person by or for whom payment is made, state the amount received, identify the applicable insurer by its full legal name (or the premium finance company or Washington automobile insurance plan if payment is intended therefor), and identify the contract or policy including a brief description of the coverage for which payment is received.
(2) The receipt need not be an independent document but may be incorporated in an application or binder, if appropriate.
(3) For purposes of this section "life insurance" includes annuities.
(4) For purposes of this section "insurer" includes a health care service contractor and a health maintenance organization, and "disability insurance" includes their contracts and agreements.
(5) This section shall not apply to the receipt of checks or other instruments payable on their face to the insurer, premium finance company or the Washington Automobile Insurance Plan. It also shall not apply to payments (other than by cash) received by an insurance producer after delivery of the policy for which payment is made, when the payment is pursuant to a premium financing arrangement with the insurance producer or in response to a billing by the insurance producer.
(6) A failure to comply with this section shall be an unfair practice pursuant to RCW 48.30.010
, and a violation of a regulation pursuant to RCW 48.17.530
(7) Each insurer shall inform its insurance producers and appropriate representatives of the requirements of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(3)(a) and 48.17.010
(5). WSR 11-01-159 (Matter No. R 2010-09), § 284-30-550, filed 12/22/10, effective 1/22/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(3)(a). WSR 85-02-019 (Order R 84-8), § 284-30-550, filed 12/27/84.]