To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Misrepresentation of policy provisions.
(1) No insurer shall fail to fully disclose to first party claimants all pertinent benefits, coverages or other provisions of an insurance policy or insurance contract under which a claim is presented.
(2) No insurance producer or title insurance agent shall conceal from first party claimants benefits, coverages or other provisions of any insurance policy or insurance contract when such benefits, coverages or other provisions are pertinent to a claim.
(3) No insurer shall deny a claim for failure to exhibit the property without proof of demand and unfounded refusal by a claimant to do so.
(4) No insurer shall, except where there is a time limit specified in the policy, make statements, written or otherwise, requiring a claimant to give written notice of loss or proof of loss within a specified time limit and which seek to relieve the company of its obligations if such a time limit is not complied with unless the failure to comply with such time limit prejudices the insurer's rights.
(5) No insurer shall request a first party claimant to sign a release that extends beyond the subject matter that gave rise to the claim payment.
(6) No insurer shall issue checks or drafts in partial settlement of a loss or claim under a specific coverage which contain language which release the insurer or its insured from its total liability.
(7) No insurer shall make a payment of benefits without clearly advising the payee, in writing, that it may require reimbursement, when such is the case.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
(3)(a) and 48.17.010
(5). WSR 11-01-159 (Matter No. R 2010-09), § 284-30-350, filed 12/22/10, effective 1/22/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 87-09-071 (Order R 87-5), § 284-30-350, filed 4/21/87. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 78-08-082 (Order R 78-3), § 284-30-350, filed 7/27/78, effective 9/1/78.]