Agency filings affecting this section
Documentation of consent to remuneration in addition to a fee where insurance is purchased over the telephone or by electronic means.
(5) provides that when insurance is purchased over the telephone or by electronic means for which written consent under RCW 48.17.270
(3) cannot be reasonably obtained, consent documented by the insurance producer is acceptable in lieu of the signed written disclosure required by RCW 48.17.270
(3), (4), and (5).
(1) Documentation confirming the consent of the applicant or insured after communication of the information required by RCW 48.17.270
(3) is acceptable under RCW 48.17.270
(a) The insurance producer sends to the applicant or insured written confirmation of the disclosure;
(b) The written confirmation is sent no later than ten business days after the telephone or electronic purchase; and
(c) A copy of the confirmation is retained by the insurance producer.
(2) In addition, consent documented by a recording that meets the standards of RCW 9.73.030
is acceptable under RCW 48.17.270
(5). The recording must be made and maintained in a retrievable format.
(3) The signature of the applicant or insured is not required for consent under this section.
(4) Documentation created under this section must be retained by the insurance producer for five years.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060, 48.17.005. 09-02-073 (Matter No. R 2008-06), § 284-17-625, filed 1/6/09, effective 7/1/09.]