284-17-122  <<  284-17-123 >>   284-17-124

Resident and nonresident adjuster licenses—Trainees.

(1) Applicants for a resident adjuster license may satisfy the experience or special training requirements of RCW 48.17.380(4) by employment as a "trainee" for a period of not fewer than six months.
(a) Each trainee must be supervised by a resident licensed adjuster. Trainees must receive training in all adjustment activities and responsibilities. Activities of the trainee must be restricted to participation in factual investigation and tentative closing of losses. All adjusting transactions must be completed in the name of the supervising licensed adjuster who must review, confirm, and be responsible for all acts of the trainee. Compensation of a trainee must be on a salary basis only.
(b) Any person employing trainees must immediately advise the commissioner and provide the exact date that employment of the trainee begins and ends. The employer must submit an application completed by each trainee and one fingerprint card.
(c) Trainees are eligible to take the adjuster's examination required by the commissioner after completing no fewer than six months as a trainee.
(d) The maximum period a person may be designated as a trainee is one nine-month period.
(e) Any violation of this section or a violation of any provision of the insurance code subjects both the trainee and the supervisory adjuster to penalties of the code.
(2) Applicants who are not residents of Washington may be licensed as nonresident adjusters as follows:
(a) A nonresident adjuster license will be issued if the applicant has and maintains an adjuster license in good standing in his or her home state and the home state reciprocates and licenses Washington adjusters as nonresident adjusters.
(b) If the home state of an applicant for an adjuster license does not issue an adjuster license, the applicant must pass this state's written adjuster examination.
(c) If the home state of an applicant for a nonresident adjuster license does not issue an adjuster license but he or she has an active adjuster license as a nonresident in a state other than Washington that requires passing an examination, and he or she has taken and passed the examination and is in good standing with that state, the nonresident adjuster is deemed by the commissioner to have satisfied the examination required for adjusters in this state.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060, 48.17.005. WSR 09-02-073 (Matter No. R 2008-06), § 284-17-123, filed 1/6/09, effective 7/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060. WSR 90-04-060 (Order R 90-1), § 284-17-123, filed 2/2/90, effective 3/5/90.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group