Request for public records.
(1) In accordance with requirements of chapter 42.56
RCW, the board will make nonexempt "public records" available for inspection and copying.
(2) A request to inspect or copy public records should be made in writing upon the board's request form, which is available at its Olympia headquarters or its web site. The form may be presented to the public records officer, or to any member of the board's staff, if the public records officer is not available, at the headquarters of the board during customary office hours. The form may also be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the attention of the public records officer at the address or fax number provided on the board's web site.
The request should include the following information:
(a) The name and address of the person requesting the record and any other contact information, such as phone number or email address, that may aid in responding to the request;
(b) The date the request is made;
(c) The identity of the record(s) requested. If the record(s) requested is referenced within the current index maintained by the records officer, a reference to the requested record as it is described in such current index should be included whenever possible. If the requested record(s) is not identifiable by reference to the board's current index, as detailed a description as possible should be included to aid staff in identifying the records sought; and
(d) Whether the request is for copies or to inspect records.
(3) Requestors desiring copies of records shall make arrangements with the records officer to pay for the cost of providing the records. Costs shall include the cost of copies and the cost of mailing the records. The per page cost for standard size (8 1/2" x 11") black and white or color photocopies will be as posted on the board's web site. Nonstandard-sized documents and documents produced on something other than paper will be provided at the actual cost to reproduce and may include the cost of the materials used. Mailing cost will include actual postage and the cost of the container.
(4) Requestors desiring to inspect records shall make arrangements with the records officer for inspection. There is no cost to inspect records. Records will be made available for inspection at the board's Olympia headquarters during the board's customary office hours.
(5) In all cases in which a member of the public is making a request, the public records officer or staff member to whom the request is made will assist the member of the public in appropriately identifying the public record requested.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.52.020
. WSR 14-24-105, § 263-12-017, filed 12/2/14, effective 1/2/15; WSR 91-13-038, § 263-12-017, filed 6/14/91, effective 7/15/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.52.104
and chapters 51.48
RCW. WSR 86-03-021 (Order 20), § 263-12-017, filed 1/10/86.]