Acts that may be performed by licensed dental hygienists under general supervision.
A dentist may allow a dental hygienist licensed under the provisions of chapter 18.29
RCW to perform the following acts under the dentist's general supervision:
(1) Oral inspection and measuring of periodontal pockets, with no diagnosis.
(2) Patient education in oral hygiene.
(3) Take intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs.
(4) Apply topical preventive or prophylactic agents.
(5) Polish and smooth restorations.
(6) Oral prophylaxis and removal of deposits and stains from the surfaces of the teeth.
(7) Record health histories.
(8) Take and record blood pressure and vital signs.
(9) Perform sub-gingival and supra-gingival scaling.
(10) Perform root planing.
(11) Apply sealants.
(12) Apply topical anesthetic agents.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.32.0365
. WSR 14-12-057, § 246-817-550, filed 5/30/14, effective 6/30/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.32.035
. WSR 95-21-041, § 246-817-550, filed 10/10/95, effective 11/10/95.]