To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Qualifications to be a certified counselor supervisor, certified adviser supervisor, or a certified counselor consultant.
The following qualifications are required to be a certified counselor supervisor, certified adviser supervisor, or a certified counselor consultant.
(1) The supervisor or consultant must have held a Washington state credential in counseling-related fields for a minimum of five years. All credentials held by the supervisor or consultant must be in good standing. At least one credential must be active.
(2) For purposes of this section, counseling-related fields means a credential issued under chapter 18.130
(a) Certified counselor;
(c) Mental health counselor;
(d) Marriage and family therapist;
(e) Independent clinical social work;
(f) Advanced social work;
(h) Chemical dependency professional;
(i) Sex offender treatment provider;
(j) Sex offender treatment provider affiliate;
(k) Medical physician;
(l) Osteopathic physician;
(m) Advanced registered nurse practitioner;
(n) Naturopathic physician; and
(o) Until July 1, 2010, registered counselor.
Additional credentials may be accepted by the secretary as counseling-related.
(3) The supervisor or consultant may not be a blood or legal relative or cohabitant of the credential holder, or someone who has acted as the credential holder's counselor within the past two years. A supervisor or consultant may not have a reciprocal supervisory or consultant arrangement with another credential holder.
(4) Prior to the commencement of any supervision or consultation, the supervisor or consultant must provide the certified counselor or certified adviser with a declaration on a form provided by the department.
(5) The supervisor must have completed education and training in:
(a) Supervision or management of individuals who provide counseling or mental health services;
(b) Risk assessment;
(c) Screening using the global assessment of functioning scale;
(d) Professional ethics; and
(e) Washington state law.
(6) The consultant must have completed education and training in:
(a) Risk assessment;
(b) Screening using the global assessment of functioning scale;
(c) Professional ethics; and
(d) Washington state law.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.19.050
and chapter 18.19
RCW. WSR 09-15-041, § 246-810-026, filed 7/8/09, effective 7/8/09.]