Who is exempt from licensing as a mortgage loan originator under this act?
The following are exempt from licensing as a mortgage loan originator:
(1) Registered mortgage loan originators;
(2) Any individual who offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan with or on behalf of an immediate family member of the individual;
(3) Any individual who offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan secured by a dwelling that served as the individual's residence;
(4) A Washington licensed attorney who negotiates the terms of a residential mortgage loan on behalf of a client as an ancillary matter to the attorney's representation of the client, unless the attorney is compensated by a lender, a mortgage broker, or other mortgage loan originator or by any agent of such lender, mortgage broker, or other mortgage loan originator;
(5) Individuals who do not take residential mortgage loan applications or negotiate the terms of residential mortgage loans for compensation or gain or in the expectation of compensation or gain; and
(6)(a) An employee of a bona fide nonprofit organization who acts as a loan originator only with respect to his or her work duties to the bona fide nonprofit organization, and who acts as a loan originator only with respect to residential mortgage loans with terms that are favorable to the borrower.
(b) Terms favorable to the borrower are terms consistent with loan origination in a public or charitable context, rather than a commercial context.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040
. WSR 13-24-024, § 208-620-105, filed 11/22/13, effective 1/1/14; WSR 12-18-047, § 208-620-105, filed 8/29/12, effective 11/1/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040
and 2010 c 35. WSR 10-20-122, § 208-620-105, filed 10/5/10, effective 11/5/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040
, 2009 c 120, and 2009 c 149. WSR 09-24-090, § 208-620-105, filed 12/1/09, effective 1/1/10.]