(1) In order to be reimbursed, the home health provider must bill the department according to the conditions of payment under WAC 388-502-0150
and other issuances.
(2) Payment to home health providers is:
(a) A set rate per visit for each discipline provided to a client;
(b) Based on the county location of the providing home health agency; and
(c) Updated by general vendor rate changes.
(3) For clients eligible for both medicaid and medicare, the department may pay for services described in this chapter only when medicare does not cover those services. The maximum payment for each service is medicaid's maximum payment.
(4) Providers must submit documentation to the department during the home health agency's review period. Documentation includes, but is not limited to, the requirements listed in WAC 388-551-2210
(5) After the department receives the documentation, the department's medical director or designee reviews the client's medical records for program compliance and quality of care.
(6) The department may take back or deny payment for any insufficiently documented home health care service when the department's medical director or designee determines that:
(a) The service did not meet the conditions described in WAC 388-550-2030
(b) The service was not in compliance with program policy.
(7) Covered home health services for clients enrolled in a Healthy Options managed care plan are paid for by that plan.
[11-14-075, recodified as § 182-551-2220, filed 6/30/11, effective 7/1/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, chapter 74.09 RCW, and 2009 c 326. 10-10-087, § 388-551-2220, filed 5/3/10, effective 6/3/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520, 74.09.530, and 74.09.500. 02-15-082, § 388-551-2220, filed 7/15/02, effective 8/15/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090 and 74.09.530. 99-16-069, § 388-551-2220, filed 8/2/99, effective 9/2/99.]