(1) Certified applicators and all persons applying pesticides to more than one acre of agricultural land in a calendar year including public entities engaged in roadside spraying, and all persons making landscape applications of pesticides to types of property listed in RCW 17.21.410
(1), (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall keep records for each application which shall include the following:
(a) The full name and full address of the person for whom the pesticide was applied.
(b) The address or exact location of the land where the pesticide was applied. If the application is made to one acre or more of agricultural land, the field must be located on the map on the adopted form. Location of agricultural land shall be made using section, township and range, geographical positioning system coordinates, or by irrigation block and farm unit numbers.
(c) The year, month, day and start and stop time the pesticide was applied.
(d) The product name used on the registered label and the United States Environmental Protection Agency registration number, if applicable, of the pesticide which was applied.
(e) The direction from which the wind is blowing and estimated velocity of the wind in miles per hour (mph) and the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit at the time the pesticide was applied: Provided that this subsection (e) shall not apply to applications of baits in bait stations, pesticide applications within structures and drip or subsurface irrigation applications. Wind and temperature readings shall be obtained in close proximity to the application site.
(f) The total amount of pesticide applied such as pounds, gallons, ounces, etc.
(g) The amount of pesticide applied per acre or one thousand square feet or other appropriate measure.
(i) For PCO classification or residential ornamental applications, the amount shall be recorded to the nearest ounce of product or to the nearest gallon of liquid spray per site.
(ii) Fumigation records shall include the pounds of gas released per one thousand cubic feet of space, the temperature, and the duration of the exposure period.
(h) The concentration of pesticide that was applied. Liquid applications may be recorded as, but are not limited to, amount of product per one hundred gallons of liquid spray, gallons per acre of output volume, ppm, percent product in tank mix (e.g., 1%). For chemigation applications record "inches of water applied" or other appropriate measure.
(i) The pests to be controlled (for PCO classification only).
(j) Specific crop or site to which pesticide was applied.
(k) Apparatus license plate number.
(l) The licensed applicator's full name, certified pesticide applicator license number, complete address, telephone number, and the full name of the individual or individuals making the application.
(m) The number of acres or other appropriate measure to which the pesticide was applied.
(n) For commercial applications, the full name and complete address of the commercial firm.
(2) Application records shall be completed and available to the department the same day the pesticides were applied.
(3) Application records shall be kept for a period of seven years from the date of the application of the pesticide to which such records refer. The director shall, upon request in writing, be furnished with a copy of such records immediately by the licensee.
(4) Upon written request, the applicator shall provide the customer with a record of each application of pesticides to his/her land, for the current season, which shall contain the information listed in WAC 16-228-1320
(5) Except as stated in subsection (6) of this section, the information required in subsection (1) of this section shall be provided upon request on the appropriate page of the pesticide record form (figures 1-8): Provided that computerized records may be maintained as long as the records can be produced in the form and format prescribed by the department.
(6) The department may allow by written permit the information required in subsection (1) of this section to be kept in a different form and format than that described in figures 1-8: Provided that the following criteria are met:
(a) The pesticide application recordkeeping system is computerized;
(b) The pesticide application recordkeeping system contains all the information required by subsection (1) of this section, and can be produced in a form and format acceptable to the department.
(7) All apparatus shall be kept in good repair and only that apparatus capable of performing all functions necessary to ensure proper and thorough application of pesticides shall be used. Apparatus shall be cleaned so that no residue remains which may cause injury to land, humans, desirable plants and animals, from subsequent applications.
(8) On demand of the director, the applicator shall make immediately available for inspection the pesticides being applied and the apparatus used for the application: Provided that this inspection is made at the site of application or where the apparatus is located.
(9) The applicator shall make available necessary safety equipment in proper working order and advise employees on its use to meet the safety requirements of the pesticide label.
(10) Maintain a uniform mixture at all times in operating apparatus when applying pesticides.
(11) All containers used for pesticide mixtures, other than those in an apparatus, shall have a label identifying the contents as a pesticide, the active ingredient, and appropriate restrictions and precautions.
a) Full Product Name
b) EPA Reg. No.
|c) Total Amount of |
in Area Treated
|d) Pesticide |
(or other measure)
|State of Washington |
Department of Agriculture
Olympia, Washington 98504
|PESTICIDE APPLICATION RECORD (Version 2) |
|NOTE: Application information must be completed same day as the application and must be retained for seven years (Ref. chapter 17.21 RCW) |
|a) Full Product Name ||b) EPA Reg. No. ||c) Total Amount of |
in Area Treated
|d) Pesticide |
(or other measure)
|e) Concentration |
|f) Depth of Application (Chemigation) |
|9. ||Address or exact location of application. NOTE: If the application is made to one acre or more of agricultural land, the field location must be shown on the map on page two of this form. || |
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 17.21, 15.58, and 34.05 RCW. 07-11-041A, § 16-228-1320, filed 5/9/07, effective 6/9/07; 03-22-029, § 16-228-1320, filed 10/28/03, effective 11/28/03. Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.58 and 17.21 RCW. 00-22-074, § 16-228-1320, filed 10/30/00, effective 11/30/00. Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.54, 15.58 and 17.21 RCW. 99-22-002, § 16-228-1320, filed 10/20/99, effective 11/20/99.]