Eligibility to take the high school equivalency test.
The following individuals shall be eligible to take the high school equivalency test in official high school equivalency testing centers, provided that they are not enrolled in public, private, or home-based instruction of high school or a high school completion program at the time the test is administered:
(1) Any person age nineteen or over who has not graduated from a public or private high school.
(2) Any person between the ages of sixteen and nineteen who has not graduated from a public or private high school and who has been adjudged by a school district in accordance with rules of the state board of education to have a substantial and warranted reason for leaving the regular high school education program.
(3) Any student age sixteen or over who has completed an education center individual student program in accordance with the provisions of chapter 392-185
(4) Any person between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one who has not graduated from public or private high school and is currently enrolled in the state options (open doors 1418) program.
(5) Any person between the ages of sixteen and nineteen who has not graduated from a public or private high school, and who has completed a program of home-based instruction in compliance with RCW 28A.225.010
(4) as certified by the written and notarized statement of the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who provided the home-based instruction.
(6) Any person who is an active member of the military, national guard, or reserves and has not received a high school diploma.
(7) Adjudicated youth under the director of prisons, jails, detention centers, parole and probation offices, and other corrections facilities while enrolled in school if so ordered by a court or officer of the court.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.912
. WSR 17-04-013, § 131-48-100, filed 1/20/17, effective 2/20/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.10.400
. WSR 13-19-039, § 131-48-100, filed 9/12/13, effective 10/13/13. Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50
RCW. WSR 98-15-008, § 131-48-100, filed 7/2/98, effective 8/2/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.915
. WSR 93-22-006, § 131-48-100, filed 10/21/93, effective 11/21/93.]