(1) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply in respect to the use of tangible personal property that becomes an ingredient or component of buildings or other structures used as agricultural employee housing during the course of constructing, repairing, decorating, or improving the buildings or other structures by any person.
(2) The exemption provided in this section for agricultural employee housing provided to year-round employees of the agricultural employer, only applies if that housing is built to the current building code for single-family or multifamily dwellings according to the state building code, chapter 19.27 RCW.
(3) Any agricultural employee housing built under this section shall be used according to this section for at least five consecutive years from the date the housing is approved for occupancy, or the full amount of a tax otherwise due shall be immediately due and payable together with interest, but not penalties, from the date the housing is approved for occupancy until the date of payment. If at any time agricultural employee housing that is not located on agricultural land ceases to be used in the manner specified in subsection (2) of this section, the full amount of tax otherwise due shall be immediately due and payable with interest, but not penalties, from the date the housing ceases to be used as agricultural employee housing until the date of payment.
(4) The exemption provided in this section shall not apply to housing built for the occupancy of an employer, family members of an employer, or persons owning stock or shares in a farm partnership or corporation business.
(5) The definitions in RCW 82.08.02745(5) apply to this section.
[1997 c 438 § 2; 1996 c 117 § 2.]
| Effective date -- 1997 c 438: See note following RCW 82.08.02745.|
Effective date -- 1996 c 117: See note following RCW 82.08.02745.