(1) The tax levied by RCW 82.08.020
does not apply to:
(a) Charges, for labor and services rendered in respect to the constructing of new buildings, made to (i) a manufacturer engaged in the manufacturing of commercial airplanes or the fuselages or wings of commercial airplanes or (ii) a port district, political subdivision, or municipal corporation, to be leased to a manufacturer engaged in the manufacturing of commercial airplanes or the fuselages or wings of commercial airplanes;
(b) Sales of tangible personal property that will be incorporated as an ingredient or component of such buildings during the course of the constructing; or
(c) Charges made for labor and services rendered in respect to installing, during the course of constructing such buildings, building fixtures not otherwise eligible for the exemption under RCW 82.08.02565
(2) The exemption is available only when the buyer provides the seller with an exemption certificate in a form and manner prescribed by the department. The seller must retain a copy of the certificate for the seller's files.
(3) No application is necessary for the tax exemption in this section. However, in order to qualify under this section before starting construction, the port district, political subdivision, or municipal corporation must have entered into an agreement with the manufacturer to build such a facility. A person claiming the exemption under this section is subject to all the requirements of chapter 82.32
RCW. In addition, the person must file a complete annual report with the department under RCW 82.32.534
(4) The exemption in this section applies to buildings or parts of buildings, including buildings or parts of buildings used for the storage of raw materials or finished product, that are used primarily in the manufacturing of any one or more of the following products:
(a) Commercial airplanes;
(b) Fuselages of commercial airplanes; or
(c) Wings of commercial airplanes.
(5) For the purposes of this section, "commercial airplane" has the meaning given in RCW 82.32.550
(6) This section expires July 1, 2040.
Contingent effective date—2013 3rd sp.s. c 2:
See RCW 82.32.850
Findings—Intent—2013 3rd sp.s. c 2:
See note following RCW 82.32.850
Application—Finding—Intent—2010 c 114:
See notes following RCW 82.32.585
Finding—2003 2nd sp.s. c 1:
See note following RCW 82.04.4461