Winter recreation advisory committee — Generally.
(1) There is created a winter recreation advisory committee to advise the parks and recreation commission in the administration of this chapter and to assist and advise the commission in the development of winter recreation facilities and programs.
(2) The committee shall consist of:
(a) Six representatives of the nonsnowmobiling winter recreation public appointed by the commission, including a resident of each of the six geographical areas of this state where nonsnowmobiling winter recreation activity occurs, as defined by the commission.
(b) Three representatives of the snowmobiling public appointed by the commission.
(c) One representative of the department of natural resources, one representative of the department of fish and wildlife, and one representative of the Washington state association of counties, each of whom shall be appointed by the director of the particular department or association.
(3) The terms of the members appointed under subsection (2)(a) and (b) of this section shall begin on October 1st of the year of appointment and shall be for three years or until a successor is appointed, except in the case of appointments to fill vacancies for the remainder of the unexpired term: PROVIDED, That the first of these members shall be appointed for terms as follows: Three members shall be appointed for one year, three members shall be appointed for two years, and three members shall be appointed for three years.
(4) Members of the committee shall be reimbursed from the winter recreational program account created by RCW 79A.05.235 for travel expenses as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060.
(5) The committee shall meet at times and places it determines not less than twice each year and additionally as required by the committee chair or by majority vote of the committee. The chair of the committee shall be chosen under procedures adopted by the committee. The committee shall adopt any other procedures necessary to govern its proceedings.
(6) The director of parks and recreation or the director's designee shall serve as secretary to the committee and shall be a nonvoting member.
[2000 c 48 § 1; 2000 c 11 § 35; 1994 c 264 § 19; 1990 c 49 § 1; 1989 c 175 § 107; 1988 c 36 § 16; 1987 c 330 § 1101; 1986 c 47 § 2; 1982 c 11 § 6; 1975 1st ex.s. c 209 § 8. Formerly RCW 43.51.340.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 2000 c 11 § 35 and by 2000 c 48 § 1, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section under RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Effective date -- 1989 c 175: See note following RCW 34.05.010.
Construction -- Application of rules -- Severability -- 1987 c 330: See notes following RCW 28B.12.050.
Severability -- 1975 1st ex.s. c 209: See note following RCW 79A.05.225.