Duties of commission.
In addition to whatever other duties may exist in law or be imposed in the future, it is the duty of the commission to:
(1) Implement integrated pest management practices and regulate pests as required by RCW 17.15.020;
(2) Take steps necessary to control spartina and purple loosestrife as required by RCW 17.26.020;
(3) Participate in the implementation of chapter 19.02 RCW;
(4) Coordinate planning and provide staffing and administrative assistance to the Lewis and Clark trail committee as required by *RCW 27.34.340;
(5) Administer those portions of chapter 46.10 RCW not dealing with the registration of snowmobiles as required by RCW 46.10.370;
(6) Consult and participate in the scenic and recreational highway system as required by chapter 47.39 RCW; and
(7) Develop, prepare, and distribute information relating to marine oil recycling tanks and sewage holding tank pumping stations, in cooperation with other departments, as required by chapter 88.02 RCW.
The commission has the power reasonably necessary to carry out these duties.
[2011 c 171 § 114; 1999 c 249 § 301.]
| *Reviser's note: RCW 27.34.340 was repealed by 1999 c 35 § 5. See chapter 35, Laws of 1999 for the Lewis and Clark bicentennial advisory committee.|
Intent -- Effective date -- 2011 c 171: See notes following RCW 4.24.210.
Severability -- 1999 c 249: See note following RCW 79A.05.010.