The department shall, in coordination with other appropriate state agencies:
(1) Recommend a policy for evaluation and prioritization of state-owned or leased buildings with respect to indoor air quality;
(2) Recommend stronger workplace regulation of indoor air quality under the Washington industrial safety and health act;
(3) Review indoor air quality programs in public schools administered by the superintendent of public instruction and the department of social and health services;
(4) Provide educational and informational pamphlets or brochures to state agencies on indoor air quality standards; and
(5) Recommend to the legislature measures to implement the recommendations, if any, for the improvement of indoor air quality in public buildings within a reasonable period of time.
[1989 c 315 § 3.]