(1) It is unlawful for any person to possess a controlled substance unless the substance was obtained directly from, or pursuant to, a valid prescription or order of a practitioner while acting in the course of his or her professional practice, or except as otherwise authorized by this chapter.
(2) Except as provided in RCW 69.50.4014
, any person who violates this section is guilty of a class C felony punishable under chapter 9A.20
(3)(a) The possession, by a person twenty-one years of age or older, of useable marijuana, marijuana concentrates, or marijuana-infused products in amounts that do not exceed those set forth in RCW 69.50.360
(3) is not a violation of this section, this chapter, or any other provision of Washington state law.
(b) The possession of marijuana, useable marijuana, marijuana concentrates, and marijuana-infused products being physically transported or delivered within the state, in amounts not exceeding those that may be established under RCW 69.50.385
(3), by a licensed employee of a common carrier when performing the duties authorized in accordance with RCW 69.50.382
, is not a violation of this section, this chapter, or any other provision of Washington state law.
(4) No person under twenty-one years of age may possess, manufacture, sell, or distribute marijuana, marijuana-infused products, or marijuana concentrates, regardless of THC concentration. This does not include qualifying patients with a valid authorization.
(5) The possession by a qualifying patient or designated provider of marijuana concentrates, useable marijuana, marijuana-infused products, or plants in accordance with chapter 69.51A
RCW is not a violation of this section, this chapter, or any other provision of Washington state law.
Findings—Intent—Effective dates—2015 2nd sp.s. c 4:
See notes following RCW 69.50.334
Short title—Findings—Intent—References to Washington state liquor control board—Draft legislation—2015 c 70:
See notes following RCW 66.08.012
Intent—2013 c 3 (Initiative Measure No. 502):
See note following RCW 69.50.101
Intent—Effective date—2003 c 53:
See notes following RCW 2.48.180