(1) Each authorized foreign or alien insurer must appoint the commissioner as its attorney to receive service of, and upon whom must be served, all legal process issued against it in this state upon causes of action arising within this state. Service upon the commissioner as attorney constitutes service upon the insurer. Service of legal process against the insurer can be had only by service upon the commissioner, except actions upon contractor bonds pursuant to RCW 18.27.040
, where service may be upon the department of labor and industries.
(2) With the appointment the insurer must designate by name, email address, and address the person to whom the commissioner must forward legal process so served upon him or her. The insurer may change the person by filing a new designation.
(3) The insurer must keep the designation, address, and email address filed with the commissioner current.
(4) The appointment of the commissioner as attorney is irrevocable, binds any successor in interest or to the assets or liabilities of the insurer, and remains in effect as long as there is in force in this state any contract made by the insurer or liabilities or duties arising therefrom.
(5) The service of process must be accomplished and processed in the manner prescribed under RCW 48.02.200