(1) No person may drive either a two-wheeled or a three-wheeled motorcycle, or a motor-driven cycle unless such person has a valid driver's license specially endorsed by the director to enable the holder to drive such vehicles.
(2) However, a person sixteen years of age or older, holding a valid driver's license of any class issued by the state of the person's residence, may operate a moped without taking any special examination for the operation of a moped.
(3) No driver's license is required for operation of an electric-assisted bicycle if the operator is at least sixteen years of age. Persons under sixteen years of age may not operate an electric-assisted bicycle.
(4) No driver's license is required to operate an electric personal assistive mobility device or a power wheelchair.
(5) No driver's license is required to operate a motorized foot scooter. Motorized foot scooters may not be operated at any time from a half hour after sunset to a half hour before sunrise without reflectors of a type approved by the state patrol.
(6) A person holding a valid driver's license may operate a motorcycle as defined under RCW 46.04.330
(2) without a motorcycle endorsement.
(7) A person operating a motorcycle with a stabilizing conversion kit must have a valid driver's license specially endorsed by the director for a three-wheeled motorcycle to enable the holder to operate such a motorcycle.
Rules of court: Monetary penalty schedule—IRLJ 6.2.
Effective date—2003 c 353:
See note following RCW 46.04.320
Short title—2003 c 41:
"This act shall be known as the Monty Lish Memorial Act." [ 2003 c 41 § 6.
Effective date—2003 c 41:
"This act takes effect January 1, 2004." [ 2003 c 41 § 7.
Legislative review—2002 c 247:
See note following RCW 46.04.1695
Severability—1982 c 77:
"If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [ 1982 c 77 § 10.