Program created — Duties.
The Washington main street program is created within the department. In order to implement the Washington main street program, the department shall:
(1) Provide technical assistance to businesses, property owners, organizations, and local governments undertaking a comprehensive downtown or neighborhood commercial district revitalization initiative and management strategy. Technical assistance may include, but is not limited to, initial site evaluations and assessments, training for local programs, training for local program staff, site visits and assessments by technical specialists, local program design assistance and evaluation, and continued local program on-site assistance;
(2) To the extent funds are made available, provide financial assistance to local governments or local organizations to assist in initial downtown or neighborhood commercial district revitalization program start-up costs, specialized training, specific project feasibility studies, market studies, and design assistance;
(3) Develop objective criteria for selecting recipients of assistance under subsections (1) and (2) of this section, which shall include priority for downtown or neighborhood commercial district revitalization programs located in a rural county as defined in *RCW 43.160.020(12), and provide for designation of local programs under RCW 43.360.030;
(4) Operate the Washington main street program in accordance with the plan developed by the department, in consultation with the Washington main street advisory committee created under **RCW 43.360.040; and
(5) Consider other factors the department deems necessary for the implementation of this chapter.
[2005 c 514 § 909.]
| Reviser's note: *(1) RCW 43.160.020 was amended by 2009 c 565 § 35, changing subsection (12) to subsection (5).|
**(2) RCW 43.360.040 was repealed by 2010 1st sp.s. c 7 § 68.
Short title--2005 c 514 §§ 901-912: See note following RCW 43.360.005.
Effective date -- 2005 c 514: See note following RCW 83.100.230.
Part headings not law -- Severability--2005 c 514: See notes following RCW 82.12.808.