Powers and duties of agency.
The agency shall:
(1) Make available information services to public agencies and public benefit nonprofit corporations. For the purposes of this section "public agency" means any agency of this state or another state; any political subdivision, or unit of local government of this state or another state including, but not limited to, municipal corporations, quasi-municipal corporations, special purpose districts, and local service districts; any agency of the United States; and any Indian tribe recognized as such by the federal government and "public benefit nonprofit corporation" means a public benefit nonprofit corporation as defined in RCW 24.03.005 that is receiving local, state, or federal funds either directly or through a public agency other than an Indian tribe or political subdivision of another state;
(2) Establish rates and fees for services provided by the agency. A billing rate plan shall be developed for a two-year period to coincide with the budgeting process. The rate plan shall be subject to review at least annually by the office of financial management. The rate plan shall show the proposed rates by each cost center and will show the components of the rate structure as mutually determined by the agency and the office of financial management. The rate plan and any adjustments to rates shall be approved by the office of financial management;
(3) With the advice of the board and customer agencies, develop a state strategic information technology plan and performance reports as required under RCW 43.41A.030;
(4) Develop plans for the agency's achievement of statewide goals and objectives set forth in the state strategic information technology plan required under RCW 43.41A.030; and
(5) Perform all other matters and things necessary to carry out the purposes and provisions of this chapter.
[2011 1st sp.s. c 43 § 804; 2010 1st sp.s. c 7 § 16; 2000 c 180 § 1; 1999 c 80 § 6; 1993 c 281 § 53; 1992 c 20 § 10; 1990 c 208 § 7; 1987 c 504 § 8.]
| Reviser's note: 2011 1st sp.s. c 43 § 1012 directed this section to be recodified into chapter 43.41A RCW, but that appears to be a drafting error.|
Effective date -- Purpose -- 2011 1st sp.s. c 43: See notes following RCW 43.19.003.
Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 26; 2010 1st sp.s. c 7: See note following RCW 43.03.027.
Effective date -- 1993 c 281: See note following RCW 41.06.022.
Severability -- Captions not law -- 1992 c 20: See notes following RCW 43.105.047.