Fire safety requirements for existing buildings.
1103.4.3 Nightclub. An automatic sprinkler system shall be provided throughout A-2 nightclubs as defined in this code. No building shall be constructed for, used for, or converted to occupancy as a nightclub except in accordance with this section.
1103.9 Carbon monoxide alarms. Existing Group I or Group R occupancies shall be provided with single station carbon monoxide alarms in accordance with Section 908.7. An inspection will occur when alterations, repairs or additions requiring a permit occur, or when one or more sleeping rooms are added or created. The carbon monoxide alarms shall be listed as complying with UL 2034 and be installed and maintained in accordance with NFPA 720-2012 and the manufacturer's instructions.
1. For other than R-2 occupancies, if the building does not contain a fuel-burning appliance, a fuel-burning fireplace, or an attached garage.
2. Work involving the exterior surfaces of dwellings, such as the replacement of roofing or siding, or the addition or replacement of windows or doors, or the addition of a porch or deck, or electrical permits.
3. Installation, alteration or repairs of noncombustion plumbing or mechanical systems.
4. Sleeping units or dwelling units in I and R-1 occupancies and R-2 college dormitories, hotel, DOC prisons and work releases and DSHS licensed boarding home and residential treatment facility occupancies which do not themselves contain a fuel-burning appliance, a fuel-burning fireplace, or have an attached garage, need not be provided with carbon monoxide alarms provided that:
4.1. The sleeping units or dwelling unit is not adjacent to any room which contains a fuel-burning appliance, a fuel-burning fireplace, or an attached garage; and
4.2. The sleeping units or dwelling unit is not connected by duct work or ventilation shafts with a supply or return register in the same room to any room containing a fuel-burning appliance, a fuel-burning fireplace, or to an attached garage; and
4.3. The building is provided with a common area carbon monoxide detection system.
5. An open parking garage, as defined in the International Building Code, or enclosed parking garage ventilated in accordance with Section 404 of the International Mechanical Code shall not be considered an attached garage.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 19.27
, 19.27A, and 34.05
RCW. WSR 13-24-017, § 51-54A-1103, filed 11/21/13, effective 4/1/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 19.27A.031
, 19.27.074 and chapters 19.27
RCW. WSR 13-04-063, § 51-54A-1103, filed 2/1/13, effective 7/1/13.]