(1) Each borrower is responsible for obtaining an official identification card from the appropriate university office or a library borrower's card from the library cashier.
(2) An identification card is authorized for use only by the individual whose name appears on the card.
(3) Official identification must be presented for the completion of each in-person circulation transaction.
(4) Each borrower is responsible for materials checked out on his/her University of Washington identification card or library borrower's card. Library materials are not to be loaned to others except as designated in WAC 478-168-180
(5) Campus borrowers are responsible for keeping the registrar or payroll office informed of changes of address. Off-campus borrowers are responsible for keeping the library cashier informed of changes of address.
(6) Each University of Washington faculty, academic personnel, administrative personnel, professional staff, visiting scholar, and other individuals as authorized by the dean of university libraries, may designate up to two proxies or couriers for the purpose of picking up materials for his/her use.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130 and University of Washington Board of Regent's Standing Orders, Chapter 1, Section 2. 05-21-133, § 478-168-180, filed 10/19/05, effective 11/19/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130. 04-13-087, § 478-168-180, filed 6/17/04, effective 9/21/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.031 and 28B.20.130. 95-14-045, § 478-168-180, filed 6/28/95, effective 9/18/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.20.130(1). 79-10-016 (Order 79-4), § 478-168-180, filed 9/7/79; Order 73-1, § 478-168-180, filed 1/8/73.]