(1) Upon probable cause to believe that a violation of this chapter related to motorized vehicle parking has occurred, an authorized agent of transportation services may issue a parking citation setting forth the date, approximate time, locality, nature of the violation, identifiable characteristics of the vehicle if applicable, and the amount of the fine(s).
(2) Upon probable cause to believe that a violation related to parking, traffic, or nonmotorized vehicles has occurred, UWPD may issue a citation setting forth the date, approximate time, locality, nature of violation, identifiable characteristics of the vehicle if applicable, and amount of the fine(s).
(3) The following information shall accompany and/or be printed on the citation:
(a) The violation fine and instructions for payment; and
(b) Instruction for contesting the citation, including where to obtain and submit petitions.
(4) The citation shall be served on the person responsible for the violation by:
(a) Attaching a copy of the citation to the vehicle allegedly involved in the violation;
(b) Mailing a copy of the citation to the registered owner; or
(c) Serving a copy of the citation personally to the person responsible.
(5) Failure to pay fines or contest the citation within the time specified in these rules can result in a late payment fee as set forth in WAC 478-116-335
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.10.560 and 28B.20.130. 11-13-058, § 478-116-301, filed 6/14/11, effective 8/8/11; 04-13-086, § 478-116-301, filed 6/17/04, effective 8/16/04; 01-20-030, § 478-116-301, filed 9/26/01, effective 10/27/01; 97-14-005, § 478-116-301, filed 6/19/97, effective 9/15/97.]