To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Does the board authorize the use of any other titles or designations?
Yes. RCW 18.04.350
(13), Practices not prohibited, authorizes the board to allow the use of other titles (designations) if the individual using the title or designation is authorized at the time of use by a nationally recognized entity sanctioning the use of board authorized titles or designations. Accordingly, the board authorizes the use of the following titles and designations:
(1) Designations or titles authorized by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA);
(2) Designations or titles authorized by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation located in Alexandria, Virginia, or its successor:
• "Accredited Business Accountant" or "ABA";
• "Accredited Tax Preparer" or "ATP"; and
• "Accredited Tax Advisor" or "ATA."
(3) Designations or titles authorized by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards in Denver, Colorado, or its successor:
• "Certified financial planner" or "CFP."
These authorized designations relate to title use only, are not limited to individuals who have held or are holding a license or certificate under the act, and do not authorize these other designated individuals to use the title "certified public accountant" or "CPA," or "CPA-inactive."
The board further authorizes the use of the designation "CPA retired" in this state by those individuals who, upon notice to the board to retire a license, meet the following criteria:
• Has reached sixty years of age and holds an active license in good standing; or
• At any age, has held an active license in good standing, not suspended or revoked, to practice public accounting in any state for a combined period of not less than twenty years.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.04.350
(13). WSR 12-10-085, § 4-30-058, filed 5/2/12, effective 6/2/12; WSR 10-24-009, recodified as § 4-30-058, filed 11/18/10, effective 12/19/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.04.350
(9). WSR 02-17-051, § 4-25-930, filed 8/15/02, effective 9/15/02.]