(1) Minimum staffing requirements for adult day health centers include an administrator, program director, registered nurse, activity coordinator, a PT/OT or speech therapist, and a social worker. The administrator and program director may be the same person.
(2) The program administrator must have a master's degree and one year of supervisory experience in health or social services (full-time equivalent), or a bachelor's degree and two years of supervisory experience in a social or health service setting. The degree may be in nursing.
(3) The program director must have a bachelor's degree in health, social services or a related field with one year of supervisory experience (full-time equivalent) in a social or health service setting. Upon approval by the department, a day health center may request an exception for an individual with an associate's or vocational degree in health, social services, or a related field with four years of experience in a health or social service setting, of which two years must be in a supervisory position.
(4) Therapists, regardless of specific expertise, such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, recreation therapists, mental health therapists, or any other therapists used, must have valid state credentials and one year of experience in a social or health setting.
(5) Rehabilitative therapeutic assistants must be certified with valid state credentials, have at least one year of applicable experience (full-time equivalent), and meet the requirements of chapter246-915
, or 246-828
(6) A certified or registered nursing assistant must meet the requirements of RCW 18.88A.020
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.04.200, 74.08.090, 74.09.520, and 74.39A.030. 03-06-024, § 388-71-0758, filed 2/24/03, effective 7/1/03.]