(1) Prior to the start of a temporary appointment, the temporary appointee must be notified in writing of the conditions of the appointment.
(2) The written notification must contain the following information regarding the condition of the appointment:
(a) The reason for the temporary appointment (see WAC 357-19-435
(b) The hours of work and the hourly rate of pay;
(c) The anticipated duration of appointment;
(d) A statement regarding the receipt or nonreceipt of benefits;
• If the appointee is eligible to receive benefits, the statement must identify which benefits will be received.
(e) The employee's original date of hire in a temporary appointment under the provisions of WAC 357-19-435
(f) The right to request remedial action as provided in WAC 357-19-448
(3) For purposes of this rule, written notice of the conditions of temporary appointment must be provided as follows:
(a) By personal delivery, United States mail, or by telephone facsimile transmission with same-day mailing of copies; or
(b) By using alternative methods such as e-mail, campus mail, the state mail service, or commercial parcel delivery.
(4) Service of the notice is considered to be completed:
(a) When personal delivery has been accomplished;
(b) Upon deposit in the United States mail, properly stamped and addressed;
(c) Upon production by telephone facsimile transmission of confirmation of the transmission; or
(d) If an alternative method of delivery was used, when the notice is received by the temporary appointee.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.06 RCW. 05-01-192, § 357-19-444, filed 12/21/04, effective 7/1/05.]