An incumbent whose position is converted from exempt to classified service may be placed within the classified service as follows:
(1) If the incumbent has been continuously employed for a period of time equivalent to or greater than the probationary period established for the classified position, the incumbent will have permanent status and does not serve a probationary period. If the incumbent has been employed for less than the duration of the probationary period, WAC 357-19-020
(2) The incumbent is not required to pass a qualifying examination.
(3) Salary is set in accordance with WAC 357-28-165
(4) The incumbent is credited with unused accrued sick leave at the time of conversion and continues to accrue sick leave as provided in chapter 357-31
WAC (Leave and holidays chapter).
(5) The incumbent is credited with unused accrued vacation leave at the time of conversion and accrues vacation leave at the same rate as for classified employees as provided in chapter 357-31
(6) Seniority is established using the date of hire into the position that is being converted to classified service.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.06 RCW. 05-01-206, § 357-19-225, filed 12/21/04, effective 7/1/05.]