Unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Commission" means the Washington state parks and recreation commission.
(2) "Operator" means an individual who steers, directs, or otherwise has control of a vessel that is underway or exercises actual authority to control the person at the helm.
(3) "Owner" means a person who has a lawful right to possession of a vessel by purchase, exchange, gift, lease, inheritance, or legal action whether or not the vessel is subject to a security interest.
(4) "Use" means operate, navigate, or employ.
(5) "Vessel" means every watercraft used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on the water, other than a seaplane. However, it does not include inner tubes, air mattresses, and small rafts or flotation devices or toys customarily used by swimmers.
(6) "Waters of Washington state" means any waters within the territorial limits of Washington state.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 79A.05 RCW, RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.070 and chapter 79A.60 RCW. 08-24-004, § 352-70-020, filed 11/20/08, effective 12/21/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.310(4). 01-02-021, § 352-70-020, filed 12/21/00, effective 1/21/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.51.400. 93-20-018, § 352-70-020, filed 9/24/93, effective 10/24/93; 84-01-060 (Order 73), § 352-70-020, filed 12/19/83.]
Reviser's note: The permanent filing 08-24-004 contained no amendments to this section.