• Have a qualified person train each employee who works on a scaffold to:
– Recognize the hazards associated with the type of scaffold they are using;
– Understand the procedures to control or minimize the hazards.
• Include the following subjects in your training:
– Hazards in the work area and how to deal with them, including:
■ Electrical hazards;
■ Fall hazards;
■ Falling object hazards;
■ How to erect, maintain, and disassemble the fall protection and falling object protection systems being used;
– How to:
■ Use the scaffold;
■ Handle materials on the scaffold;
– The load-carrying capacity and maximum intended load of the scaffold;
– Any other requirements of this chapter that apply.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. WSR 05-01-054, § 296-874-20072, filed 12/7/04, effective 3/1/05.]