• Make sure operators use restraint devices, such as seatbelts or lap-bars, when they are provided on the PIT.
• Make sure you do not allow people:
– Under the elevated part of any PIT, whether it is loaded or empty;
– To put any part of their body between the uprights of the mast;
– Outside the running lines of the PIT.
• Make sure you do not allow unauthorized people to ride on PITS.
• Make sure people riding on PITs have a safe place to ride.
• Make sure you do not allow stunt driving or horseplay.
• Make sure PITs are not driven up to anyone in front of a bench or other fixed object.
• Make sure access to fire aisles, stairways, and fire equipment is kept clear.
• Make sure there is sufficient headroom under overhead installations such as lights, pipes, and sprinkler systems to safely operate PITs.
PIT operations may cause the airborne concentration levels of carbon monoxide gas to increase. You have to keep the concentration levels below the levels specified in chapter 296-841
WAC, Respiratory hazards.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-40005, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]