Inspect and maintain presses.
(1) You must make sure maintenance personnel are trained and competent to inspect and maintain power presses.
(2) You must keep records of all maintenance or repair work.
(3) You must inspect and test the following press systems at least weekly:
(a) Clutch/brake mechanism.
(b) Antirepeat feature.
(c) Single stroke mechanism.
(d) Keep records of inspections and tests.
You do not have to do weekly inspections if your press has both:
1. Performance of safety-related functions monitoring (previously called control reliability); and
2. A stopping-performance monitor (previously called brake-system monitor) does not require weekly inspections.
For requirements for these monitoring devices, see Provide additional safeguards when the operator puts one or both hands into the point of operation, WAC 296-806-45526
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
. WSR 15-24-102, § 296-806-45540, filed 12/1/15, effective 1/5/16; WSR 04-14-028, § 296-806-45540, filed 6/29/04, effective 1/1/05.]