(1) Doors must be constructed of solid wood or metal.
(2) Hinges and hasps must be installed so they cannot be removed when the doors are closed and locked by:
• Riveting OR
• Bolting nuts on the inside of the door
(a) Each door must be equipped with:
• Two mortise locks
• Two padlocks fastened in separate hasps and staples
• A combination of a mortise lock and a padlock
• A mortise lock that requires two keys to open OR
• A three-point lock
(b) Padlocks must have:
• A minimum of five tumblers
• A case hardened shackle of a minimum of 3/8-inch diameter
• Padlocks must be protected with a minimum of 1/4-inch steel hoods constructed to prevent sawing or lever action on the locks, hasps, and staples.
|Note: ||Trailers, semi-trailers, and similar vehicular magazines. Each door may be locked with one 3/8-inch diameter steel padlock and does not need to be protected by a steel hood, if the door hinges and lock hasp are securely fastened to the magazine and to the doorframe. These requirements do not apply to magazine doors that are adequately secured on the inside by means of a bolt, lock, or bar that cannot be operated from the outside. |
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 05-08-110, § 296-52-70060, filed 4/5/05, effective 6/1/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, [49.17].040, and[49.17].050 . 02-03-125, § 296-52-70060, filed 1/23/02, effective 3/1/02.]