To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, telecommunications technicians install, inspect, maintain, repair and service telecommunication systems.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Main distribution frame (MDF). The distribution frame where the permanent outside lines entering a building terminate and the subscriber's line multiple cabling and truck multiple cabling originate. It is usually located on the ground floor of a building.
(2) Intermediate distribution frames (IDF). Distribution frames which provide flexibility in allocating the subscriber's number to the line or equipment in the office which is to be associated with the particular line. These frames are located on each floor of a building.
(3) Blocks. Subpanels. They are connecting devices where large feed cables terminate at the distribution frames.
(4) Common equipment or key service unit. Consists of a backboard assembly, an equipment mounting frame, for connecting external telephones and Pacific Northwest Bell lines.
(5) Instruments, terminals, sets. Communications equipment at either end of a circuit. Equipment at a subscriber's or user's terminal including such items as telephones.
(6) Ancillary equipment. Add-on equipment such as bells, buzzers, speakerphones, headsets, automatic dialers, recorders, etc.
(7) Telephone cable.
(a) Network channel service cable owned by the telephone companies.
(b) Riser cables between floors of a building.
(c) Distribution cables installed on each floor of a building in the floor or the ceiling.
(d) Inside wires between the telephone and the connection to the distribution cable.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01378, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]