To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
For the purposes of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, landscape construction involves the beautification of a plot of land by changing its natural features through the addition or modification of lawns, trees, bushes, etc.
(1) Landscape construction includes:
• Constructing or maintaining lawns, yards, gardens or other landscaped surfaces.
• Mixing and spreading mulches, ground covers, soil amendments, decorative bark or decorative rock.
• Seeding, sodding or hydroseeding.
• Applying chemicals or fertilizers.
• Planting trees, shrubs or plants.
• Installing, servicing or repairing above ground lawn or landscape sprinkler systems.
• Installing, servicing or repairing underground lawn or landscape sprinkler systems to a maximum depth of three feet below finish grade.
• Assembling or placing premanufactured trellis work, play equipment, benches or picnic tables.
• Constructing rock walls to a maximum height of four feet.
• Land clearing.
• Spreading top soil to a maximum depth of six inches below finish grade.
• Trenching to a maximum depth of three feet below finish grade.
• Installing french drains or other subsurface water collection systems to a maximum depth of three feet below finish grade.
• Hauling top soil, plants or other landscaping materials in trucks with only one rear axle.
(2) Landscape construction does not include:
• Any activity or task (including those mentioned above) when performed preparatory to any nonlandscaping construction work.
• Constructing roads, footpaths, trails or rock walls more than four feet high.
• Custom fabrication of trellis work, play equipment, benches or picnic tables.
• Constructing restrooms, shelters or similar structures.
• Installing sewer systems, storm sewer systems, catch basins, vaults or drainage systems for impervious surfaces (such as parking lots).
• Installing drainage systems or underground sprinkler systems more than three feet below final grade.
• Land clearing, dozing, grading, excavating or hauling except as permitted above.
• Tree falling or bucking.
• Subgrade preparation.
• The use of power equipment with more than ninety horsepower.
• The use of trucks with more than one rear axle except hydroseeders.
• Demolition of structures.
• Asphalt or concrete work except incidental anchorage for play equipment, benches or picnic tables.
• Installing agricultural irrigation systems.
• Encapsulation of landfills.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01346, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]