For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, carpenter tenders are laborers who assist carpenters engaged in construction, erection, installation and repair of wooden structures and fixtures. Carpenter tenders perform a variety of routine tasks which do not require the use of carpenter tools, such as:
• Cleaning materials, equipment, tools and work areas.
• Moving and lifting building materials, tools and supplies.
• Handing materials, tools and supplies to carpenters.
• Dismantling temporary wooden structures.
• Assisting carpenters in stripping forms and shoring.
• Cleaning and moving forms.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01312, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]