To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Scope of work descriptions.
(1) In order to determine applicable prevailing wage rates, the director or his/her designee will issue scope of work descriptions for each trade and occupation recognized as being involved in public work.
(2) The scope of work descriptions shall be created using authoritative sources available to the department, such as:
(a) Washington state apprenticeship and training council approved apprenticeship standards;
(b) Collective bargaining agreements;
(c) Dictionaries of occupational titles;
(d) Experts from organized labor, licensed contractors, and contractors' associations;
(e) Recognized labor and management industry practice.
(3) The applicable prevailing wage rates for workers employed on public works projects shall be determined by the scopes of work performed by those workers, and not by their specific job titles.
(4) The applicable scope of work description for a public works contract is the scope of work description that is in effect on the date that the bids are due to be submitted to the contract awarding agency. If the contract is not awarded within six months of the bid due date, then the applicable scope of work description shall be that which is in effect on the date that the contract is awarded. The same scope of work description shall remain in effect for the duration of the contract.
(5) In the event a dispute arises regarding a scope of work description following the award of a public works contract, the aggrieved party may request an arbitration hearing pursuant to the provisions of RCW 39.12.060
, WAC 296-127-060
, and 296-127-062
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-013, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00. Statutory Authority: Chapters 39.04
RCW and RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 92-01-104, § 296-127-013, filed 12/18/91, effective 1/31/92; WSR 88-22-046 (Order 88-22), § 296-127-013, filed 10/31/88.]