To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Adjustment notice to conform existing medicare supplement policies to changes in medicare.
As soon as practicable, but no later than thirty days before the effective date of any medicare benefit changes, every issuer providing medicare supplement insurance coverage to a resident of this state must notify its insureds of modifications it has made to medicare supplement policies. The adjustment notice is intended to be informational only and for the sole purpose of informing policyholders and certificate holders about changes in medicare benefits, indexed deductible and copayment provisions, premium adjustments, and the like. The form of an adjustment notice provided to residents of this state must be filed with the commissioner before being used.
(1) The notice must include a description of revisions to the medicare program and a description of each modification made to the coverage provided under the medicare supplement insurance policy.
(2) The notice must inform each covered person of the approximate date when premium adjustments due to changes in medicare benefits will be made.
(3) The notice of benefit modifications and any premium changes must be furnished in outline form and in clear and simple terms so as to facilitate comprehension.
(4) The notice must not contain or be accompanied by any solicitation.
(5) Issuers must comply with any notice requirements of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.06.060
. WSR 07-06-014 (Matter No. R 2006-13), § 284-66-160, filed 2/26/07, effective 3/29/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 05-17-019 (Matter No. R 2004-08), § 284-66-160, filed 8/4/05, effective 9/4/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 92-06-021 (Order R 92-1), § 284-66-160, filed 2/25/92, effective 3/27/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 90-07-059 (Order R 90-4), § 284-66-160, filed 3/20/90, effective 4/20/90.]