Outline of coverage required.
(1) Issuers must provide an outline of coverage to all applicants at the time an application is presented to the prospective applicant and, except for direct response policies and certificates, must obtain an acknowledgment of receipt of the outline from the applicant.
(2) The "outline of coverage," is set forth on the commissioner's web site, and incorporated by reference herein in this rule. The issuer's form of outline of coverage must be completed in substantially the form set forth on the commissioner's web site, and filed with the commissioner before being used in this state.
(3) If an outline of coverage is provided at the time of application and the medicare supplement policy or certificate is issued on a basis that would require revision of the outline, a substitute outline of coverage properly describing the policy or certificate must accompany the policy or certificate when it is delivered and contain the following statement, in no less than twelve point type, immediately above the company name: "NOTICE: Read this outline of coverage carefully. It is not identical to the outline of coverage provided upon application and the coverage originally applied for has not been issued."
(4) The outline of coverage provided to applicants set forth in this section consists of four parts: A cover page, premium information, disclosure pages, and charts displaying the features of each benefit plan offered by the issuer. The outline of coverage must be in the language and format prescribed in WAC 284-66-092
in no less than twelve point type. All plans A- N must be shown on the cover page, and the plan(s) that are offered by the issuer must be prominently identified. Premium information for plans that are offered must be shown on the cover page or immediately following the cover page and must be prominently displayed. The premium and mode must be stated for all plans that are offered to the prospective applicant. All possible premiums for the prospective applicant must be illustrated.
(5) Where inappropriate terms are used, such as "insurance," "policy," or "insurance company," a fraternal benefit society, health care service contractor, or health maintenance organization must substitute appropriate terminology.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.66.030
, and 48.66.165
. WSR 09-24-052 (Matter No. R 2009-08), § 284-66-080, filed 11/24/09, effective 1/19/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 05-17-019 (Matter No. R 2004-08), § 284-66-080, filed 8/4/05, effective 9/4/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 92-06-021 (Order R 92-1), § 284-66-080, filed 2/25/92, effective 3/27/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 90-07-059 (Order R 90-4), § 284-66-080, filed 3/20/90, effective 4/20/90.]