For the purposes of this regulation, contract summary means a written statement describing the elements of the annuity contract and deposit fund, including but not limited to:
(1) A prominently placed title as follows: Statement of benefit information. (This shall be followed by an identification of the annuity contract or deposit fund, or both, to which the statement applies.)
(2) The name and address of the insurance agent or, if no agent is involved, a statement of the procedure to be followed in order to receive responses to inquiries regarding the contract summary.
(3) The full name and home office or administrative office address of the insurer which will issue the annuity contract or administer the deposit fund.
(4) The death benefits for the deposit fund, and for the annuity contract during the deferred period, and the form of the annuity payout. In the case where a choice of annuity payout form is provided, this item shall show the payout options guaranteed and the form of annuity payout selected for subsections (6), (7) and (9) of this section.
(5) A prominent statement that the contract does not provide cash surrender values if such is the case.
(6) The amount of the guaranteed annuity payments at the scheduled commencement of the annuity, based on the assumption that all scheduled considerations are paid and there are no prior withdrawals from or partial surrenders of the contract and no indebtedness to the insurer on the contract.
(7) On the same basis as for subsection (6) except for guarantees, illustrative annuity payments not greater in amount than those based on first, the current dividend scale and the interest rate currently used to accumulate dividends under such contracts, or the current excess interest rate credited by the insurer, and second, the current annuity purchase rates. A dividend scale or excess interest rate which has been publicly declared by the insurer with an effective date not more than two months subsequent to the date of declaration shall be considered a current dividend scale or current excess interest rate.
(8) For annuity contracts or deposit funds for which guaranteed cash surrender values at any duration are less than the total considerations paid, a prominent statement that such contractor fund may result in loss if kept for only a few years, together with a reference to the schedule of guaranteed cash surrender values required by subsection (9)(c) of this section.
(9) The following amounts, where applicable, for the first five contract years and representative contract years thereafter sufficient to clearly illustrate the patterns of considerations and benefits, including but not limited to the tenth and twentieth contract years and at least one age from sixty through sixty-five or the scheduled commencement of annuity payments, if any, whichever is earlier:
(a) The gross annual or single consideration for the annuity contract.
(b) Scheduled annual or single deposit for the deposit fund, if any.
(c) The total guaranteed cash surrender value at the end of the year, or, if no guaranteed cash surrender values are provided, the total guaranteed paid-up annuity at the end of the year. Values for a deposit fund must be shown separately from those for a basic contract.
(d) The total illustrative cash values or paid-up annuity at the end of the year, not greater in amount than that based on first, the current dividend scale and the interest rate currently used to accumulate dividends under such contracts or the current excess interest rate credited by the insurer, and second, the current annuity purchase rates. A dividend scale or excess interest rate which has been publicly declared by the insurer with an effective date not more than two months subsequent to the date of declaration shall be considered a current dividend scale or current excess interest rate.
(10) For a contract summary which includes values based on the current dividend scale or the current dividend accumulation or excess interest rate, a statement that such values are illustrations and are not guaranteed.
(11) The date on which the contract summary is prepared.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060, 48.30.010, and 48.30.090. 79-07-052 (Order R 79-1), § 284-23-330, filed 6/25/79, effective 4/1/80.]