Definitions that apply to this chapter.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter:
(1) "Advisory organization" means an entity not licensed under RCW 48.19.180
that files advisory forms with the commissioner.
(2) "Complete filing" means a package of information containing insurance forms, supporting information, documents and exhibits submitted to the commissioner electronically using the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF).
(3) "Date filed" means the date a complete filing has been received and accepted by the commissioner.
(4) "Filer" means a person, organization or other entity that files insurance forms with the commissioner for an insurer.
(5) "Insurance" means the same as in RCW 48.01.040
(6) "Insurer" means an insurer defined in RCW 48.01.050
to which the commissioner has issued a certificate of authority under chapter 48.05
(7) "Member" or "subscriber" means an insurer that has granted filing authority to a rating organization under RCW 48.19.050
, and includes service purchasers.
(8) "NAIC" means the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(9) "Objection letter" means correspondence created in SERFF and sent by the commissioner that:
(a) Requests clarification, documentation or other information;
(b) Explains errors or omissions in the filing; or
(10) "Property and casualty insurance" means all types of:
(a) Property insurance defined in RCW 48.11.040
(b) Marine and transportation insurance defined in RCW 48.11.050
(c) Vehicle insurance defined in RCW 48.11.060
(d) General casualty insurance defined in RCW 48.11.070
(e) Title insurance defined in RCW 48.11.100
(11) "Rating organization" or "bureau" means an entity licensed under RCW 48.19.180
that files forms on behalf of its members, subscribers, and service purchasers.
(12) "SERFF" means the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing. SERFF is a proprietary NAIC computer-based application that allows filers to create and submit rate, rule and form filings electronically to the commissioner.
(13) "Type of insurance" means a specific type of insurance listed in the Uniform Property and Casualty Product Coding Matrix published by the NAIC and available at www.naic.org.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
, 48.110.150. WSR 08-21-091 (Matter No. 2007-11), § 284-20B-005, filed 10/15/08, effective 2/1/09.]