To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
This section outlines the organizational guidance and oversight responsibilities of ambulatory surgical facility resources and staff to support safe patient care.
An ambulatory surgical facility must have a governing authority that is responsible for determining, implementing, monitoring and revising policies and procedures covering the operation of the facility that includes:
(1) Selecting and periodically evaluating a chief executive officer or administrator;
(2) Appointing and periodically reviewing a medical staff;
(3) Approving the medical staff bylaws;
(4) Reporting practitioners according to RCW 70.230.120
(5) Informing patients of any unanticipated outcomes according to RCW 70.230.150
(6) Establishing and approving a coordinated quality performance improvement plan according to RCW 70.230.080
(7) Establishing and approving a facility safety and emergency training program according to RCW 70.230.060
(8) Reporting adverse events and conducting root cause analyses according to chapter 246-302
(9) Providing a patient and family grievance process including a time frame for resolving each grievance according to RCW 70.230.080
(10) Defining who can give and receive patient care orders that are consistent with professional licensing laws; and
(11) Defining who can authenticate written or electronic orders for all drugs, intravenous solutions, blood, and medical treatments that are consistent with professional licensing laws.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.56
RCW. WSR 12-16-057, § 246-330-115, filed 7/30/12, effective 10/1/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.230
RCW. WSR 09-09-032, § 246-330-115, filed 4/7/09, effective 5/8/09.]