(1) Owners of LOSS using mechanical treatment or lagoons with design flow greater than 14,500 gpd shall employ one or more operators certified according to chapter 173-230
WAC, Certification of operators of wastewater treatment plants.
(2) Owners of LOSS with design flow greater than 14,500 gpd not using mechanical treatment or lagoons shall employ one or more operators approved by a local health jurisdiction in Washington state.
(3) The operator of a LOSS using proprietary treatment shall be qualified to monitor and maintain that LOSS. Examples of a qualified operator include someone who:
(a) Has experience successfully operating a LOSS with similar technology;
(b) Is an employee or authorized agent of the treatment component manufacturer;
(c) Is trained, authorized in writing by, and in good standing with the manufacturer of the proprietary treatment;
(d) Has education or certification in operating similar technology; or
(e) Has other qualifications acceptable to the department.
(4) Owners of LOSS with design flows of 14,500 gpd or less shall employ one or more operators approved by a local health jurisdiction in Washington state.
(5) If an operator described in WAC 246-272B-07200 (2) or (4) is unavailable, the owner of a LOSS shall propose and the department may accept a person with OSS or LOSS experience.
(6) The operator shall prepare and sign monitoring reports, certifying that the results are correct and the report is complete, whether results are from process gauges or from an accredited laboratory.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.118B.020
. WSR 11-12-035, § 246-272B-07200, filed 5/25/11, effective 7/1/11.]