Responsibilities of schools.
(1) Notify the local health department of cases, suspected cases, outbreaks, and suspected outbreaks of disease that may be associated with the school.
(2) Cooperate with the local health department in monitoring influenza.
(3) Consult with a health care provider or the local health department for information about the control and prevention of infectious or communicable disease, as necessary.
(4) Cooperate with public health authorities in the investigation of cases, suspected cases, outbreaks, and suspected outbreaks of disease that may be associated with the school.
(5) Release identifying information only to other individuals responsible for protecting the health and well-being of the public through control of disease.
(6) Schools shall establish and implement policies and procedures to maintain confidentiality related to medical information in their possession.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 11-02-065, § 246-101-420, filed 1/4/11, effective 2/4/11; WSR 00-23-120, § 246-101-420, filed 11/22/00, effective 12/23/00.]