What authority does the department have to investigate violations of the Consumer Loan Act?
(1) The director may enforce all laws and rules relating to the licensing and regulation of licensees and persons subject to this chapter.
(2) The director may impose fines of up to one hundred dollars per day, per violation, upon the licensee, its employees or loan originators, or other persons subject to this chapter for any violation of this chapter or for failure to comply with any order or subpoena issued by the director under this chapter.
(3) Each day's continuance of the violation is a separate and distinct offense.
(4) Testimony. The director or designees may require the attendance of and examine under oath all persons whose testimony may be required about the loans or the business or the subject matter of any investigation, examination, or hearing.
(5) Production of records or copies. The director or designee may require the production of books, accounts, papers, records, files, and any other information deemed relevant to the inquiry. The director may require the production of original books, accounts, papers, records, files, and other information; may require that such original books, accounts, papers, records, files, and other information be copied; or may make copies himself or herself or by designee of such original books, accounts, papers, records, files, or other information.
(6) Subpoena authority. If a licensee or person does not attend and testify, or does not produce the requested books, accounts, papers, records, files, or other information, then the director or designated persons may issue a subpoena or subpoena duces tecum requiring attendance or compelling production of the books, accounts, papers, records, files, or other information.
(7) The director may collect an investigation fee. Licensees will be charged sixty-nine dollars and one cent per hour for the investigation.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.320
RCW, RCW 31.04.165
. WSR 16-08-026, § 208-620-610, filed 3/30/16, effective 4/30/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040
. WSR 13-24-024, § 208-620-610, filed 11/22/13, effective 1/1/14; WSR 12-18-047, § 208-620-610, filed 8/29/12, effective 11/1/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 31.04.165
, and 31.04.175
. WSR 06-04-053, § 208-620-610, filed 1/27/06, effective 2/27/06.]